Admission & Curriculum
The program will run for a duration of 8 months in-classroom learning and 4 months internship at some of our establishments in Franschhoek.
An afternoon online learning environment has been generously sponsored by Lobster Ink, who have sponsored 21 Logins, to help facilitate the theory lessons for the prospective students. Practical sessions will be based off this curriculum as well as from outside partners and experts in the field.
Applications for our Class of 2019 have now closed. We will be opening up applications for 2020 in September.
We offer a predominantly free education, to historically disadvantaged South African youth, who reside in our local communities. Should your application and interview be successful, we do however ask for a Registration Fee of R2000 to be paid in January 2020 and a monthly fee of R500 per month to cover basic student needs such as:
- Stationery & Paper
- Computer & Printer maintenance
- Food & Beverages
- Kitchen supplies
Upon completion of the 8 months in-classroom learning and practicals, Students will then be expected to complete a 4 month internship in one of Franschhoek's establishments. Only then, will a student graduate from our program.
To view our 2019 Application and to see what we require for 2020, please click here.
How to apply
- Application forms must filled out by the student and signed by parent or legal guardian
- You must be a South African citizen with a South African ID
- We will require a Copy of your most recent Academic report
- Copy of your ID
- Should your application be successful a Personal Interview with the Admission's Panel will be conducted between September and October. Then the final selection of 20+ Students will take place.
Each student will receive
- Basic and Comprehensive training in the field of hospitality and tourism management to deal with any situation (at a basic level) and master a job in this field
- Assistance with internship placements (4 months internship per year)
- Assistance with job placement after completion
- Access to experts within the Industry who will provide mentorship, training and exposure to what they do on a daily basis.
- Certificate of Completion from the Franchhoek Hospitality Academy as well as Certificates from Lobster Ink, Cape Wine Academy and various other Training Partners.