The program will run for a duration of 8 months in-classroom learning and 4 months internship at some of our establishments in Franschhoek. We will also be offering refresher courses to establishments for current employees, who may need to brush up on their skills and training in their specific role.
An afternoon online learning environment has been generously sponsored by Lobster Ink, who have sponsored 20 Logins, to help facilitate the theory lessons for the prospective students. Practical sessions will be based off this curriculum as well as from outside partners and experts in the field.
Admission for 2018 is now closed. It is predominantly free, except for a small donation of R350 per month for basic needs like:
- Computer maintenance
- Municipality Costs
- Food & Beverages
Students will be placed in hospitality establishments within the area with our support and are expected to complete an internship of 4 months.
2019 Applications will go out in June 2018. Watch this space or follow our Facebook Page for more information.
How to apply
- Application forms filled out and signed by parent or legal guardian - 2019 will be releases in June 2018.
- Copy of School certificate
- Copy of ID
- A letter of recommendation, can be from school, a prior holiday job (can be a phone call as well) -
- Personal Interview with the Admisssions Panel -Motivation for joining the Franschhoek Hospitality Academy & Learning Centre-1-2-minute presentation of what the student wishes to achieve after having completed the program
PLEASE NOTE ADMISSIONS FOR 2018 ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED. WATCH THIS SPACE FOR 2019 ADMISSIONS!
Each student will receive
- Basic and Comprehensive training in the field of hospitality and tourism management to deal with any situation (at a basic level) and master a job in this field
- Assistance with internship placements (4 months internship per year)
- Assistance with job placement after completion
- The ability to apply for further education at various universities with fundamental knowledge and work towards a Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Lunch daily
- Access to experts within the Industry who will provide mentorship, training and exposure to what they do on a daily basis.